标题:Identification of uncatalogued LEO space objects by a ground-based EO array
作者:Lei X.; Li Z.; Du J.; Chen J.; Sang J.; Liu C.
作者机构:[Lei, X] School of Architecture and Engineering, Shandong University of Technology, Zibo, Shandong, China;[ Li, Z] Changchun Observatory, National Ast 更多
通讯作者:Lei, X(xxlei@whu.edu.cn)
通讯作者地址:[Lei, X] School of Architecture and Engineering, Shandong University of TechnologyChina;
来源:Advances in Space Research
出版年:2020
DOI:10.1016/j.asr.2020.07.030
关键词:Angles-only IOD; Electro-optical telescope array; Object identification; Track association; Very-short arc
摘要:A ground-based electro-optical (EO) array, deployed at the Jilin Space Tracking Base of Changchun Observatory, China, has been in operation since April 2017. The array has 8 small telescopes, each has an aperture of 15 cm and a field of view of 14° × 14°. On average, the array can collect angles data over 3–4 thousand Very Short Arcs (VSAs) of Low Earth Orbit (LEO) space objects each night. Correlation of the VSA angles data with the NORAD catalogue objects results in about 85% of all the VSAs being correlated to NORAD objects. The remaining 15% VSAs angles data could be supposed from uncatalogued objects. The Initial Orbit Determination (IOD) solutions of the VSAs with the range-search method and the association results of the IODs with the geometrical method are presented. The mean IOD success rate is about 91% and the True Positive (TP) rate is more than 86%. In addition, the classical Gauss, Laplace, Gooding and Double-r angles-only IOD methods are applied to process VSA angles data and their performance is assessed. The CBTA method is used to associate the IOD tracks and compared with the geometrical method. A set of procedures for identifying the uncatalogued objects based on the VSA angles data is designed. Processing of the VSA angles data from Aug 4 to Sep 30, 2017 reveals there are possibly 415 uncatalogued LEO objects. © 2020 COSPAR
收录类别:SCOPUS
资源类型:期刊论文
原文链接:https://www.scopus.com/inward/record.uri?eid=2-s2.0-85089581970&doi=10.1016%2fj.asr.2020.07.030&partnerID=40&md5=fc9fa910563321ef7bdf891da80e5e3b
TOP